It's hard to believe 2018 has already come and gone. So with 2019 here, it's time to do that age-old favorite: make a confession.
Wait, you mean resolutions, right? Well, not really.
Whenever a new year comes around, we are quick to make lists of what we want to change in the year ahead. We make big - and small - life-altering goals that we hope and pray will come to fruition in the year ahead. And though I'm no stranger to doing such a thing, I thought it might be good to look at the year behind me too. Where did I "miss the mark" on my creative goals? Was I following my own advice? The advice of others? Turns out I have some work to do (don't we all?).
There were certainly some wins and some misses from 2018. So in this episode, I take a closer look at where things went well and not-so-well as I look ahead to take on 2019.
Here's a breakdown of what to expect:
- Podcast still alive
- New logo
- Downloads only increasing
- Reading more
- Missed launch date - The Shadow Of Mars
- 1st reason: I backed myself into a corner creatively
- 2nd reason: Not at peace with product
- Less interviews
2019 "Looking Ahead":
- Re-purposing The Writer’s Lens - storytelling is paramount
- Guests (new and old)
- Keep cultivating good habits
- Hitting that Deadline for The Shadow Of Mars